5 Unique Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day
(StatePoint) Flowers are always a classic selection on Mother’s Day, but for gifts that will truly make Mom’s day, consider the following ideas:
1. Self-care. Whether you bring the professionals to your home or plan a spa day, Mom deserves to be taken care of and treated well. A gift certificate is a great way to let her pick the services she wants á la carte, though many spas offer special package deals providing a greater value. Either send Mom alone for some deserved me-time, or make a day of it and join her so you can enjoy some quality time together.
2. Music. For musical moms with limited space, or moms looking to learn piano or hone their skills, consider gifting a keyboard with a slim profile. Weighing in at less than 25 pounds, the Casio’s PX-S1000 boasts the Smart Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard with simulated ebony and ivory key textures, for a grand piano feel and a remarkable sound. And integrated Bluetooth technology lets you connect your device wirelessly. Complement this gift with a package of lessons or music to get her started.
3. Making a meal. Create memories together, and a new family tradition, by cooking one of Mom’s favorite or most notable recipes together. Not only will you be creating a delicious Mother’s Day meal, she can pass down the recipe to you while you spend quality time together.
4. Timepiece. Put a spin on the usual jewelry given on Mother’s Day, with an accessory that’s not only fashionable, but useful, too. For versatility that will complement simple, classic or retro glam looks, consider the Vintage Collection timepieces from Casio, which are offered in different metallic color combinations, such as gold and black, rose gold, silver, and even camo, and equipped with an LED-lit display face, a countdown timer and a 1/10th second stopwatch. They also feature a daily alarm, hourly time signal, and an auto-calendar, making them a necessity for anyone looking for fashion flare that keeps them on time.
5. Movie night. Is Mom a movie buff? Upgrade the cinematic experience by helping her create an affordable at-home theater. It all starts with the right projector. For a unique, high-brightness tool, consider a LampFree projector from Casio’s Advanced Series, such as the XJ-F210WN, which features two HDMI terminals as well as a USB power supply. It also has Intelligent Light Control, which senses ambient light in the room and automatically adjusts the projection brightness accordingly to ensure viewers have spectacular visuals any time of day and in any lighting conditions.